Lorinda Peasland is a senior member of our Global Restructuring and Insolvency practice group and is based in Hong Kong.
Lorinda has over 30 years experience specialising in cross-border restructuring, insolvency and workouts of distressed companies and financial institutions, advising banks and funds, accountancy firms, leading onshore law firms and regulators. Over her career she has advised creditors in relation to the first global bank collapse of a bank incorporated in the Cayman Islands, acted for the Special Administrator on a Central Bank Intervention in Cyprus and lead the work out of the portfolio of a UK bank in wind down.
She also has specialist skills in finance-related contentious matters, as well as banking and asset based lending within the distressed corporate climate.
She has a number of reported cases on novel points of law to her name.
Lorinda has advised on a number of global restructurings concerning offshore entities, recent examples being:
- Advising the Provisional Liquidators in relation to the restructuring of US$1 billion debts and liabilities of China Lumena New Materials Corp.
- Advising on the appointment of and subsequently advising the Provisional Liquidators in relation to the restructure of US$ multi-millions of debt of Centron Telecom International Holdings Limited.
- Advising on the appointment of Provisional Liquidators to Tenwow International Holdings Limited and advising the subsequently appointed Provisional Liquidators.
- Advising the Liquidators in relation to issues arising from the liquidation of certain subsidiaries of the Pacific Andes Group.
- Advising the Liquidators of Natural Dairy (NZ) Holdings Limited in relation to litigation and restructuring matters.
- Advising on the restructure and provisional liquidation of an Indian Listed subsidiary.
- Acting for the Liquidators in relation to the insolvency and litigation in relation to China Culture Media International Holdings Limited.
Lorinda has co-authored the Cayman Islands Chapter for The Restructuring Review - 11th Edition and Global Restructuring Review: The Asia-Pacific Restructuring Review 2019 - Offshore: Cayman Islands.
Prior to joining us in 2017, Lorinda was an equity partner at DLA Piper for many years.
- University of the West of England (LLB)