Deirdre MacNamara is a member of our Litigation and Restructuring practice group in London. Her practice focuses on commercial disputes, often with a multi-jurisdictional element, including shareholder disputes, fraud claims, insolvency proceedings and contentious trust matters.
Having trained and qualified as a solicitor in Ireland, Deirdre spent 4 years in the commercial litigation department of a boutique London law firm. She joined our Hong Kong office in 2015 and transferred to the London office in 2017.
Deirdre’s recent case experience includes:
- The winding up of an investment fund on just and equitable grounds;
- A shareholders dispute which recently went to the Privy Council and concerned the beneficial entitlement to shares and forum non conveniens;
- Advising a minority shareholder in unfair prejudice proceedings involving shareholder oppression;
- Dissenting shareholder claims;
- Acting for a beneficiary of a trust seeking information from trustees through the courts;
- Taking proceedings on behalf of liquidators to wind up subsidiaries of a large group of companies;
- Seeking an insolvency stay of proceedings in support of foreign bankruptcy proceedings;
- Injunction proceedings which resulted in the recovery of millions of dollars for investors in a fraudulent sports betting scam.
Deirdre is on the IWIRC London Network Steering Committee, is a member of ILA, and a member of the Female Fraud Forum.