On the evening of 21 June 2017, Global Restructuring Review (GRR) held their inaugural awards night at the Waldorf Hilton in London to celebrate the launch of the GRR 100 Guide to the top ranked firms around the world for cross-border restructuring and insolvency matters, and also unveil the first ever GRR 30 ranking.
The categories for awards included:
- Most important recognition decision;
- Innovation in cross-border insolvency and restructuring
- Cross-border cooperation in a specific insolvency or restructuring matter
- Most improved jurisdiction
- Most important overall development
- Large law firm that impressed
- Small or regional law firm that impressed
- Advisory firm that impressed
We are proud to announce Harneys received a place in the top 30 of the GRR 100 list, and were also nominated in the “Cross-border cooperation in a specific insolvency or restructuring matter” category for In re Z-Obee Holdings. The JIN Guidelines also won the “Most important overall development” award for the implementation of the guidelines on cooperation on cross-border insolvency matters that have been adopted in six jurisdictions so far.
Phillip Kite, Vicky Lord and Ian Man were on the ground at the awards night, with over 80 other attendees from leading law firms and chambers from around the world. From all reports, it sounds like a terrific evening.