Expertise and Professional Background
Nancy Erotocritou joined Harneys’ Cyprus office in 2007 and became a partner in 2011. She is a member of the Banking and Finance department and advises major international banking institutions in project and asset finance transactions and security structures. Nancy also advises multinational companies in corporate law matters and mergers and acquisitions, and acts for issuers and investment banks in capital market transactions involving complex equity and debt securities offerings.
Nancy is a member of the Cyprus Bar Association, the Women’s International Shipping & Trading Association (WISTA) and represents Harneys as a founding member of NBAC, the Norwegian Business Association in Cyprus. Nancy is also the exclusive banking and finance representative of the Women’s Law Network in Cyprus.
Nancy currently serves as an independent non-executive director of Prosafe SE, a Cyprus company listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange and one of the world’s leading owners and operators of semi-submersible accommodation vessels. Nancy also serves as a director on the board of directors and executive committee of the Norwegian Business Association in Cyprus.
Nancy is published regularly, and her articles have appeared in the Comparative Law Yearbook of International Business, Mergers & Acquisitions Review and the International Banking Newsletter of the International Law Office. She also contributed the Cyprus chapter to Neate and Godfrey: Bank Confidentiality (6th edition). To review Nancy’s recent publications please click on the Publications link below.
Nancy is consistently ranked as one of the leading corporate lawyers in the jurisdiction by Chambers and Partners, Legal 500 and IFLR 1000.
Nancy’s recent experience includes:
- Advising Rosneft, Russia’s largest oil and gas firm, on all aspects of numerous elements of its business lines, including, in 2017, advising Rosneft on a restructuring/sale of CIS assets in Russia and the Ukraine to a third party oil and gas firm
- Advising Advent International plc, as financial sponsor, on India’s first synthetic INR-denominated margin loan
- Advising Black Sea agribusiness company the Kernel group in relation to a Eurobond issue priced at $500 million aggregate principal amount of 8.75 per cent Notes due 31 January 2022 and guaranteed by Cypriot entities
- Advising Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited, ANZ Fiduciary Services Pty Ltd, Credit Suisse AG, Sydney Branch, ING Bank N.V. Singapore Branch in relation to a $385 million secured term loan facility agreement granted to ASX-listed SpeedCast International Limited, SpeedCast Limited and SpeedCast Australia Pty Limited (Speedcast)
- Advising international offshore drilling company Songa Offshore SE on its significant refinancing (click here for details)
- Advising leading agro industrial company Camposol on its US$200 million exchange offer (click here for details)
- Advising in bond issues in aggregate worth €1 billion for real estate holding company Aroundtown Property (click here for details)
- Advising Hypothekenbank Frankfurt AG, a subsidiary of Commerzbank Aktiengesellschaft, in connection with the tender for the sale of a Europe-wide commercial real estate (CRE) loan portfolio with a nominal volume of €2.2 billion to a syndicate consisting of J.P. Morgan and Lone Star
BPP London (Legal Practice Course)
University College London (LLM)
Chambers and Partners: Nancy is ranked as “up and coming” by Chambers Global and is described as providing “extremely expedient advice”. Chambers Europe highlights Nancy for her experience in multi-jurisdictional mergers and describes her as a “very capable and knowledgeable” lawyer. Nancy is experienced in advising on capital markets transactions in addition to project and asset financing, she is described as "particularly capable, prompt in responding and very thoughtful”. Clients "have only good things to say" about Nancy.
Best Lawyers: Nancy is also recommended by Best Lawyers in Cyprus.