Fergal McLoughlinSenior Associate
British Virgin Islands
Expertise and Professional Background
Fergal McLoughlin is a Senior Associate in Harneys’ British Virgin Islands office, where he advises on all aspects of British Virgin Islands corporate and commercial law, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, public and private share offerings, takeovers, corporate restructurings and corporate aspects of shareholder disputes.
Fergal joined Harneys in August 2014, having previously worked at Farrer & Co in London. During his time there he gained a broad range of corporate experience advising on domestic and cross-border M&A, public and private company fundraisings and investments, and corporate re-organisations. He is an AIJA Member and National Reporter for the BVI.
- Advising China Internet Nationwide Financial Services, Inc. on its US$20million NASDAQ listing.
- Advising the Virgin Group in three major corporate reorganisations, the sale of Virgin Active and the listing on the UK main market of Virgin Money.
- Advising Market Tech Holdings on its US$1.2 billion AIM IPO, the largest of 2014, including a pre-IPO group reorganisation.
- Advising the Virgin Group on its acquisition of a renewable energy group.
- Advising TechFinancials Inc., a Fintech software developer, on its complex corporate financing and listing on the UK AIM market.
- Advising Virgin Management USA on a Jamaica wind farm acquisition which is set to significantly reduce Jamaica's reliance on fossil fuels.
- Advising the Georgia-focused banking Group of BGEO on transactions valued at US$120 million in its equity acquisition of the remaining 75% stake in major Georgian utilities company, Georgian Global Utilities Limited.
- Advising LeniGas Cuba Limited on its reverse takeover of Knowlton Capital Inc. by way of a BVI scheme of arrangement to create LGC Capital, one of the few public listed companies globally whose prime purpose is investing directly in the Cuban economy
- Acting as lead counsel in a transaction which used BVI merger code to help streamline CuCo Resources' corporate structure to allow for the retaining of Cuco's core operational assets.
- Advising on the innovative app-based IPO by LeniGas Cuba on the ISDX Growth Market.
Nottingham Law School (LLB) 2008
University of Oxford (MA) 2005
England and Wales 2010 (not practising)
British Virgin Islands 2014