Demetris NicolaouSenior Associate
Expertise and Professional Background
Demetris Nicolaou joined Harneys in 2010 and is a senior associate in the Cyprus office. He is a member of the Banking and Finance department and advises major international banking institutions in shipping finance, project and asset finance transactions and security structures. Demetris also practises capital markets, commercial and corporate law.
Demetris is co-author of the Cyprus Chapter of the Neate and Godfrey: Bank Confidentiality, 6th edition and has authored legal articles in the International Banking Newsletter of the International Law Office. Demetris is also a contributor to the Doing Business Report of the World Bank Group.
Demetris is a member of the Cyprus Bar Association.
Demetris' recent experience includes:
- Advising the sellers in connection with the acquisition of BZRK Limited, which owns bazaraki.com, the biggest online classified ads website in Cyprus, by Larixon Classifieds Ltd
- Advising Advent International plc, as financial sponsor, on India’s first synthetic INR-denominated margin loan
- Advising Black Sea agribusiness company the Kernel group in relation to a Eurobond issue priced at $500 million aggregate principal amount of 8.75 per cent Notes due 31 January 2022 and guaranteed by Cypriot entities
- Advising Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited, ANZ Fiduciary Services Pty Ltd, Credit Suisse AG, Sydney Branch, ING Bank N.V. Singapore Branch in relation to a $385 million secured term loan facility agreement granted to ASX-listed SpeedCast International Limited, SpeedCast Limited and SpeedCast Australia Pty Limited (Speedcast)
- Advising international offshore drilling company Songa Offshore SE on its significant refinancing (click here for details)
- Advising leading agro industrial company Camposol on its US$200 million exchange offer (click here for details)
- Advising in bond issues in aggregate worth €1 billion for real estate holding company Aroundtown Property (click here for details)
Cass Business School (MSc) 2009
University of London (LLB) 2008