Cristine LamSenior Associate
Expertise and Professional Background
Cristine Lam is a senior associate in our Hong Kong office. Her practice includes advising on the formation, maintenance and restructuring of various types of funds including private equity funds and hedge funds and acting as investor’s counsel for their investments into private equity funds. Cristine also advises on BVI and Cayman Islands aspects of finance transactions and on corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions and listings.
Prior to joining Harneys in 2014, Cristine worked as an associate in the corporate team of Hogan Lovells’ Hong Kong office where she was involved on a wide range of corporate transactions including initial public offerings, mergers and acquisitions and other corporate finance matters.
Cristine is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
Cristine’s experience includes:
- Advising a PRC asset manager on the establishment of a quantitative hedge fund in the Cayman Islands and its on-going maintenance.
- Acting as Cayman counsel to a fund manager established by a provincial government in the PRC in respect of its investment into a Cayman Islands private equity fund.
- Acting as Cayman counsel to a state-owned asset manager on the establishment of a private equity fund, raising up to US$400 million.
- Advising various managers on the establishment of private equity and closed-ended funds in the Cayman Islands, investing in real estate in Canada, TMT, mining and bonds and etc.
- Acting as Cayman Islands counsel to Ping An in a US$1.6 billion financing for the acquisition of 47.4 per cent interest in New York Stock Exchange-listed AutoHome.
- Acting as Cayman Islands counsel to China Forestry Group in the US$300 million private placement of perpetual securities, which are listed on the Singapore Exchange Securities Limited.
- Acting as Cayman Islands counsel for Nirvana Asia Ltd (Stock Code: 1438) on its IPO on the Main Board of the HKSE and Rule144A placement.
- Advising both lenders (including HSBC, Hang Seng Bank, Bank of China, China Huarong International Holdings Limited, CCB International and investment managers) and borrowers in relation to a number of secured financing transactions, which involve charge over shares in BVI and Cayman companies, charge over interests in Cayman funds, mortgage over properties and other security documents.
- Acting as BVI and Cayman counsel to CCB International in relation to the issuance of senior secured guaranteed notes by a number of BVI and Cayman companies.
Georgetown University Law Center (LLM) 2009
Peking University (LLB) 2007
New York 2010