Restructuring and InsolvencyWe have acted in some of the largest and most complex cross-border restructurings and insolvencies of recent times. As market leaders in the British Virgin Islands, we completed and advised on the first scheme of arrangement, creditors’ arrangement and plan of arrangement and have unparalleled experience in these areas. We are also well-known for our experience advising on Cayman Islands and Bermuda law.
Our client base is diverse, encompassing leading international and regional accountancy practices, onshore law firms, financial institutions, insolvency office holders, official and unofficial creditors’ committees, private equity sponsors, hedge funds, debtor in possession loan providers, directors, trustees, shareholders and corporate debtors.
We frequently advise lenders and investors at all levels of the capital structure, corporates and insolvency officeholders on the use of schemes of arrangements in the context of parallel restructurings or reorganisation procedures in other jurisdictions, such as Chapter 11 of the US Bankruptcy Code or parallel schemes of arrangement in other common law jurisdictions. Other areas of expertise include:
- Debt and equity rescheduling and refinancing
- Distressed mergers and acquisitions
- Distressed funds advice
- Formal insolvency proceedings and office holders’ conduct, powers and regulation
- Out-of-court restructurings and refinancings
- Contingency planning and implementation
- Schemes of arrangement
- Security enhancement and prioritisation
- Debt for equity swaps
- Recognition and joint protocol proceedings
- Workouts and enforcement of security
- Directors duties and claims against auditors, fund administrators and other service providers
- Debt recovery
We are passionate about what we do and the service we provide to our clients and this is reflected in the quality of work we provide.