Investment FundsWe advise on all aspects of the life of a BVI or Cayman fund including formation, restructuring and closure, both in distressed and planned scenarios. Our funds lawyers sit side-by-side with the funds team from our associated funds services business allowing us to provide integrated legal and administrative support to our funds clients. We have also established the only dedicated offshore regulatory practice providing regulated clients with essential legal support.
We pride ourselves on being able to offer bespoke services to our clients whether institutional or boutique managers. Our size, collegiate atmosphere and flexible teams allow us to work across departments and offices. We do the work in the location that is most suitable to the client, and are able to provide time zone and language-appropriate service to clients around the world.
Harneys’ Investment Funds team is committed to providing clients with the following services:
- Hedge fund establishment and restructuring
- Private equity, venture capital and real estate fund establishment and restructuring
- Offering memorandum or prospectus preparation and review
- Preparing constitutional documentation – memorandum and articles of association of a company or the memorandum and articles of limited partnership for a limited partnership
- Fund structuring advice including significant expertise in dealing with distressed funds
- Manager and administrator formation
- Manager and administrator transfers of control
- Advice on portfolio company acquisitions and disposals
- Advice on regulatory compliance issues including sanctions, FATCA and AIFMD
- A dedicated Japan funds team – including provision of trustee function for unit trusts and the only native Japanese offshore lawyer who can assist clients in Japanese and English